On the Summary page, users can check resource status and session usage, and there are shortcut links to frequently used functions.
In the middle of the top bar is a drop-down menu to select the user’s current project. If a user belongs to multiple projects, the user can change it from here. Each project may have different resource policies, therefore changing the project also changes the available resource policies. If there are not many users, there may be only one default project.
Click the person icon on the right side of the top bar to see the user menu. Each menu item has the following functions.
- About Backend.AI: Displays information such as version of Backend.AI Web-UI, license type, etc.
- My Account: Check/Update information of current login user
- Preferences: Go to user settings page
- Logs / Errors: Go to the log page. You can check the log and error history recorded on the client side.
- Log Out: Log out. Users can also logout by clicking the icon on the far right of the top bar.
If you click Change User Info, the following dialog appears.
Each item has the following meaning.
- Full Name: User’s name (up to 64 characters)
- Access Key: User’s access key, pairs up with secret key below.
- Secret Key: User’s secret key
- Original password: Original password. Click the right view icon to see the input contents.
- New password: New password (8 characters or more containing at least 1 alphabet, number, and symbol). Click the right view icon to see the input contents. Ensure this is the same as the Original password.
Enter the desired value and click the UPDATE button to update the user information.
Various convenience panels are located under the top bar.
It shows the total amount of resources the user can allocate and the amount of resources currently allocated. You can check the user’s CPU, memory, and GPU resource occupancy and quota respectively. Also on the Sessions slider, you can see the maximum number of compute sessions you can create simultaneously and how many compute sessions are currently running.
You can change the resource group by clicking the Resource Group field at the top. Resource group is a concept to group multiple Agent nodes as a single resource unit. If you have many agent nodes, you can configure settings such as assigning them to a specific project for each resource group. When there is only one agent node, it is normal to see only one resource group. If you change the resource group, the amount of resources may change depending on the amount of resources held by that resource group (agents belong to it).
It shows the number of Agent worker nodes connected to the Backend.AI system and the total number of compute sessions currently created. You can also check the CPU, memory, and GPU utilization of the agent node. If you are logged in as a normal user, only the number of compute sessions you have created is displayed.
Announcements will be displayed here. Announcements can be made through a separate admin UI (Control-Panel).
If another user has shared their storage folder to you, it will be displayed here. If you accept the share request, you can view and access the shared folder in the Data & Storage folder. The access rights are determined by the user who has sent the share request. Of course, you can decline the sharing requests.
Download Backend.AI Web UI App¶
Backend.AI WebUI supports desktop applications. By using desktop app, you can use desktop app specific features, such as SSH/SFTP connection to a Compute Session . For now Backend.AI WebUI provides desktop application with following OS:
When you click the button that match with your local environment (e.g. OS, Architecture), It will automatically downloads the same version of current webUI version. If you want to download later or former version of WebUI as a desktop app, please visit here and download the desired version(s).